Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Starting this week (until further notice), every Wednesday, UNITI campus should be abuzz with English words as it is ENGLISH DAY! It is a milestone of our beloved college. All the staff (including CEO!) and students must speak in English. I am sure your English lecturers (including me) always stress on the importance of English in this globalised world of ours, and one way to improve the cammand of the language is to USE it. You can never improve if you don't use it. If you haven't started, now is the time. It doesn't matter if you use broken English as you will improve over time. Believe me you will as I have been through this myself.

Never feel shy. Do not care what others say about your English. You should be proud of yourself as at least you are trying compared to your friends who don't even want to try. Give yourself a big pat on your back! So c'mon, let's use English today. I'm sure you don't want to be left behind in acquiring this skill as it is the second most important criteria (after soft skills) most employers are looking for in graduates ( Ramjit Singh Malhi & A. Wahab Bakar 2008).

No comments:

Post a Comment